- WHEN AND WHERE SHOULD WE DO THE ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS [+]Wherever you would like! The setting of the engagement portraits is completely up to you. As a photographer, I recommend my clients pick a place that is special to them as a couple. The location must be outdoors, due to lighting needs, and an indoor location will incur a studio fee, which is an additional $500 to rent the studio and the lights. Open parks, cafes, historical buildings or estates are beautiful outdoor settings for engagement photos. To help make the session flow smoother, bringing a friend can help by taking care of the couple’s things while they are being photographed. See the engagement photos on our Collections page for more ideas.
- WHAT SHOULD WE WEAR FOR OUR ENGAGEMENT PORTRAITS? [+]That is up to every bride and groom to decide. Dress in the way that you want to be remembered as a couple, in a manner that expresses and suits the two of you. There are things that will be necessary for the photos, though. Women should bring a few different choices of jewelry and outfits, in case they want to change during the session. Try to limit the amount of bags you’re carrying because in an outdoor location you will most likely be walking around a lot.
- CAN WE BRING CHILDREN TO ENGAGEMENT PORTRAITS? [+]Yes, absolutely. Even if you have more than one child. There are many of our sessions that go from being an engagement portraits to a family portraits. Pets are invited as well.
- HOW DO I ORDER MY "SAVE THE DATE" CARDS [+]Once we are finished with the photo session, I will mail you the hi-resolution Proof CD. You can upload your favorite images and use your Shutterfly.com gift certificate. If your gift certificate doesn't cover all the items in your shopping cart, you can split the balance with cash or credit card.
- WHY DO YOU USE SHUTTERFLY.COM [+]
The website is very user-friendly and all of my bride tell love how easy it is to navigate. They have an entire customer support team that you can contact if you need it. Through the site, you can share the photos with friends and family, upload as many pictures as you want, and even print various items, such as personalized mouse pads or key chains using your photos.
- DO I GET ALL THE PICTURES FROM THE ENGAGEMENT SESSION OR WEDDING? [+]
NO. Professional photographers can shoot thousands of images at any one time. Once we finish shooting your portraits or wedding, the studio will make the first cut of proof-worthy images. Those images will be your "Proof Set"
- ARE THERE ANY DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE FOR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY? [+]
Yes, ask about our First Day Incentives and 10% Military Discounts.
- WHAT ARE THE MODEL RELEASES FOR? [+]
The model release is your official permission for us to showcase the images we capture at your wedding in our portfolio and on this website.
- HOW MUCH OF A DEPOSIT DO WE NEED TO HOLD OUR DATE? [+]
A 50% deposit and signed estimate. After that, the couple has up until two weeks before the wedding to pay the remaining balance.
- WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A WEDDING PHOTOJOURNALIST VS A WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER? [+]
The run-of-the-mill wedding photographer usually does not give the attention, care, and concern that a trained photojournalist does. The wedding photojournalist does not look to just snap a picture, but will instead go above and beyond to get the perfect shot rather than a typical picture. He takes the photo he has and then looks for creative ways to tell the story through perspective, composition, and lighting. Whereas an uncommitted photographer may just take a picture from where he is standing and be done, because in his mind, he did his job. A wedding photojournalist will keep shooting, changing angles and lenses, all in order to tell the story of that moment in the most captivating way. He wants to exhaust every resource and explore every photographic potential.
- WHY DOES EVERY PACKAGE HAVE TWO PHOTOGRAPHERS? [+]
Creativity begins with two photographers. One photographer cannot possibly capture all of the important moments that occur during a wedding because he is limited by time and space. Our “Lead” photographers are tasked with shooting all of the traditional images while the “Creative” photographer then has the chance to creatively document those equally important moments that are happening elsewhere. Two photographers make the difference in telling a complete story and achieving maximum creativity.
- WHAT KIND OF EQUIPMENT DO YOU USE? [+]
All of our cameras are high-end, professional models. We all shoot with multiple lenses and bring our own location lighting for the day of the wedding.
- WHAT IF I NEED TO CHANGE MY PACKAGE [+]
Package changes are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. For every wedding there are certain items and resources that need to be rented or reserved far in advance. Therefore deciding to change your package too close to the date may or may not be possible. What we can change, we will. For every item change there is a $30 administrative fee.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF WE DON'T USE THE FULL COVERAGE TIME? [+]
You are not required to use all the time in your package.
- ARE WE REQUIRED TO PAY OFF THE BALANCE BEFORE THE WEDDING? [+]
Yes, the entire package must be paid for in full no less than fourteen days before the wedding. This is a strict policy put in place to ensure that you receive your albums, prints and other items in a timely manner.
- CAN YOU PROVIDE INSURANCE DOCS IF THE VENUE REQUIRES IT? [+]
Yes, we have full liability coverage and can produce the necessary documentation if needed.
- WHICH PHOTOGRAPHER WILL BE SHOOTING ON MY WEDDING DAY? [+]
After we discuss the type of images you like and the details of your wedding, the studio will select the team that best matches your creative needs.